Velocity Sports Performance Athlete Training
Athletes in every sport – at all ages and all skill levels – have the opportunity to improve speed, agility, mobility and flexibility, while reducing the risk of sports-related injuries. Velocity Sports Performance's proven training, elite curriculum, professional equipment and degreed, certified performance coaches allow children 8-18 and active adults the opportunity to train like the pros.
Click HERE for our VSC Velocity Channel on YouTube
- Fundamental Performance (ages 8-11) This program is conducted in 60 minute sessions and is designed to introduce and create foundations of overall athleticism in a fun, positive, and high-success environment. Our curriculum places a high priority on running tecnique, athletic coordination, balance and relative strength, as well as the introduction of essential muscular movement patterns. These movement patterns are vital in establishing a child's athletic foundation for improved performance, injury prevention, and long-term enjoyment of sports participation.
- Competitive Performance (ages 12-14) This program is a 90 minute session where athletes will discover the importance of developing neuromuscular movement patterns. Athletic fundamentals begin to be developed and directed towards athletic skill application during this stage. This program focuses on progressing and maintaining athletic movement while refining the basic skills of speed, agility, and power.
- Elite Performance (ages 15-18) Most athletes in the Elite Performance age group have developed neuromuscular patterns and the fundamental skills of speed, agility, and power. For these athletes, technique is fine-tuned. Each athlete's potential is optimized by focusing on areas that require improvement. During the 90 minute sessions, training begins to resemble sport demands. In addition, focus on strength and power increases with moderate and heavy loads to optimize power output.
- Team Training Our team training programs are designed to deliver a challenging program that is organized, educational, progressive, and customized for entire sport teams. Training sessions can be conducted at the team's training facility or in-house at Valley Sports Center. The training focuses on linear speed, multi-directional skill development, top speed mechanics and strength and power training, as well as any other areas of weakness the coach deems necessary.
Call Melanie Fiske-Michaud, Sports Performance Director or Danielle Spiro, Assistant Sports Performance Director (860) 693-2378 if you would like more information about Velocity Sports Performance at Valley Sports Center.
- ADULT PROGRAMS
- ATHLETE TRAINING/VELOCITY
- BASEBALL/SOFTBALL & BATTING CAGES
- HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER LEAGUES
- LIL' KICKERS SOCCER
- YOUTH PROGRAMS